RE: Sportsakkos und Blazer

in Style 22.03.2013 14:43
von Justin Beaver • Forumsgott | 3.112 Beiträge

Zitat von Beatler90 im Beitrag #99

Wenn Du es mit Lederweste, Hemd mit abgerundetem Kragen und Krawatte trägst, dann bekommst Du vielleicht diesen 62er Mark Feld Look hin!

If attending a teenage party, or in fact one of any other kind, I’d naturally wear my sharpest, coolest ensemble - possibly even my ivy-league outfit a GI got for me last year from his PX.

Young, good looking, crew cut, Ivy League, advertising exec type fruit holds the door back for me. I am evidently his idea of a character …

I wear ivy league jackets, white buckskin shoes// so many tickets down the scene honey....

nach oben springen

in Style 31.03.2013 15:00

hier noch mal der Link zu dem JCC-Beitrag bei Syllabus:

http://gibsonssyllabus.tumblr.com/post/4...r#disqus_thread

”I was a mod – it’s the only youth cult I’ve ever actually been a whole hearted member of. The great thing about mod was that it was a very snobbish movement. We went to a club in Manchester called the Twisted Wheel – it was the mod club of the country. We used to get people from all over. It was the first place I heard soul music. You never heard any guitar music there – it was all Stax, Motown, Memphis Horns, Booker T and the MGs. Guitar solos not allowed. Strict dress codes, no guitars. At the Twisted Wheel, by 1965, you didn’t actually call yourself a mod any more. People in Burnley called themselves mods, people with targets on their parkas. We called ourselves “stylists” – and shoplifting was the big national sport of the stylists. You’d go to John Michael and pinch things – £80 sunglasses. It was a full time job. Food wasn’t high on the agenda, there was no hip food. You blew your wad on cloth, not even records.”

Perhaps, at 48 years old, one shouldn’t still find this sort of stuff engaging, but I do. Like John Cooper Clarke, quoted and pictured above, I remain a working class snob, struggling to resist the pressure to conform to bourgeois notions of normality. Let’s strip away all the stuff that really matters, but is rather dull, like housing, education and health, and keep it simple - when it comes to clothes may the Lord keep me safe from the Satan Boden and his followers in West London in their rugby shirts (collars turned up) and sensible value for money Timberland shoes. Mod has always been about subversion of upper class dress codes, understanding then fetishising elements within a given style to produce your own version of it. I cringe at the term stylist, such an overused word with dreadful modern associations, but perhaps the best expression of the stylist mentality described by JCC is that an individual defines his own look within a given framework. So given that criteria I am prepared to put my head above the parapet and declare “I am a stylist”. There, I said it. Now don’t mock…

John Cooper Clarke is of course in danger of becoming too popular, which is not a particularly mod thing to be. He now tends to function as a kind of relic of a long-forgotten type - the bright, articulate, individual, sharp and slightly confrontational working class Northerner. I met him in John Simons clothes shop a few years ago : “I come here for the ties”, he said, “one size fits all”. Clocking me in full Ivy drag he drawled “You look like a regular here”. Like all mods he was wearing his 1960s wash and wear Ivy League jacket with the top button done up, lapels all skinny and bent out of shape, a bit like him. He’s in his mid-60s now and he still cares. Once a mod, always a mod I guess. Or make that stylist…

JCC noch mal im selben Sakko:

und hier noch der neuste Beitrag in dem Blog:

http://gibsonssyllabus.tumblr.com/post/4...l#disqus_thread

eigentlich zum Thema Strickmode...

und hier noch ne schöne Anzeige von h.i.s.:

If attending a teenage party, or in fact one of any other kind, I’d naturally wear my sharpest, coolest ensemble - possibly even my ivy-league outfit a GI got for me last year from his PX.

Young, good looking, crew cut, Ivy League, advertising exec type fruit holds the door back for me. I am evidently his idea of a character …

I wear ivy league jackets, white buckskin shoes// so many tickets down the scene honey....

zuletzt bearbeitet 31.03.2013 15:03 | nach oben springen

in Style 06.05.2013 11:53

und noch was lautes fieses:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/h...168435404_n.jpg

Funktioniert der Link?

zuletzt bearbeitet 06.05.2013 11:54 | nach oben springen

in Style 09.05.2013 18:15
von MODern Talking | 328 Beiträge

ja, danke! Farblich übrigens genau mein Geschmack

nach oben springen

in Style 20.05.2013 17:38
von Beatler90 • Lichtgestalt | 705 Beiträge

Mein Berlin Souvenir aus dem Chelsea Farmer's Club - Reduziert von 375 auf 115€
Endlich auch mal ein anständiger Boating Blazer der mir so weit passt - nur die Ärmel sind etwas kurz, da wird meine Schneiderin wohl noch 3cm rausholen dürfen, genug Material ist auf jeden Fall vorhanden.

Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see? I mean, you gotta be somebody, ain't ya, or you might as well jump in the sea and drown. (Jimmy Cooper, Quadrophenia)

nach oben springen

in Style 21.05.2013 16:37

Wilde Streifen!

Hier noch was zu Zweireiher-Blazern:

aus Esquire, 1956

http://forums.filmnoirbuff.com/viewtopic.php?id=13857

nach oben springen

in Style 22.05.2013 16:51

nach oben springen

in Style 22.05.2013 16:56

Ist das auf der rechten Seite fleckig, oder reflektiert der Stoff das Licht so seltsam?
Wie auch immer, ich werde in diesem Leben kein Fan mehr von 1-Knopf Sakkos, die sehen immer so unvollständig aus.

Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see? I mean, you gotta be somebody, ain't ya, or you might as well jump in the sea and drown. (Jimmy Cooper, Quadrophenia)

nach oben springen

in Style 22.05.2013 17:08

Fleckig ist kein Ausdruck. Blutüberströmt!

Was dieses Foto zeigt:

Der gute Miles muss lernen, dass auch anständige Kleidung kein Schutz vor Polizeigewalt ist...

Später hat er sich dann auch wie ein Freak gekleidet. So etwa wie die Stax-Musiker nachdem Hendrix populär wurde....

nach oben springen

in Style 22.05.2013 18:06

Ah, jetzt sehe ich erst, dass er blutet!
Was Hendrix angeht hast du Recht. So sehr ich diesen Mann auch für sein Talent schätze, sein Kleidungsstil war häufig mehr als fragwürdig - aber gut, zu der Zeit konnte es ja nicht bunt und schrill genug sein...habe in Berlin einige Transsexuelle gesehen, die auf einem Hendrix Konzert damals bestimmt nicht weiter aufgefallen wären!

nach oben springen

in Style 22.05.2013 21:13
von Dani4ka • Forumsgott | 1.076 Beiträge

Tuntenkultur will doch auffallen.
Und zu der Zeit konnte man sich auch gut anziehen.

You know me - I'm acting dumb. You know the scene - very humdrum. Boredom.
nach oben springen

in Style 23.05.2013 14:33

Das "Freak" war gar nicht wertend gemeint. So hätte er seinen Stil wohl selbst auch bezeichnet.

Das ist zwar so ziemlich das Gegenteil von dem was ich trage, aber er ist wohl unter den "Hippies" der interessanteste Paradiesvogel.

nach oben springen

in Style 23.05.2013 14:56

Interview with François Ferdinand, founder of J.Keydge:

http://forthediscerningfew.com/2013/04/0...er-of-j-keydge/

nach oben springen

in Style 27.05.2013 04:45

Mein neuster Deal:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/POLO-Ralph-Lauren...B!bg~~60_57.JPG

Ralph Lauren Seersucker Blazer Made In USA...die passende Kleidung habe ich jetzt, fehlt nur noch der Sommer!

nach oben springen

in Style 27.05.2013 16:58
Schön! Steh sehr auf Seersucker!

nach oben springen

Abmelden
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Jayson Sloane
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 598 Themen und 8907 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen