RE: Sportsakkos und Blazer

in Style 20.01.2014 15:25
von Justin Beaver • Forumsgott | 3.112 Beiträge

If attending a teenage party, or in fact one of any other kind, I’d naturally wear my sharpest, coolest ensemble - possibly even my ivy-league outfit a GI got for me last year from his PX.

Young, good looking, crew cut, Ivy League, advertising exec type fruit holds the door back for me. I am evidently his idea of a character …

I wear ivy league jackets, white buckskin shoes// so many tickets down the scene honey....

zuletzt bearbeitet 20.01.2014 15:52 | nach oben springen

in Style 31.01.2014 10:51
von Beatler90 • Lichtgestalt | 705 Beiträge

Habe mir gerade einen neuen Blazer gegönnt - ein Zweireiher nach meinem Geschmack:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Austin-Powers-Sak...hS0T0U/$_57.JPG

Außerdem Super 140's Schurwolle, da kann man für knapp 60€ nicht meckern.

Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see? I mean, you gotta be somebody, ain't ya, or you might as well jump in the sea and drown. (Jimmy Cooper, Quadrophenia)

nach oben springen

in Style 31.01.2014 18:00
von Dani4ka • Forumsgott | 1.076 Beiträge

Ist aber kein Vintage-Teil, oder? Schnieke, wo haste den her?

You know me - I'm acting dumb. You know the scene - very humdrum. Boredom.
nach oben springen

in Style 31.01.2014 18:44

Ehrlich gesagt keine Ahnung, ob der echt vintage ist, denke aber eher Repro. Hab ich auf eBay bei einem Händler für britische Klamotten entdeckt, Zustand ''sehr gut'', frisch aus der Reinigung. Muss mal schauen, eventuell sind die Ärmel etwas zu kurz (mein bekanntes Problem), aber bin zuversichtlich, dass da noch 2, 3cm drin sind.

Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see? I mean, you gotta be somebody, ain't ya, or you might as well jump in the sea and drown. (Jimmy Cooper, Quadrophenia)

nach oben springen

in Style 09.06.2014 11:56

If attending a teenage party, or in fact one of any other kind, I’d naturally wear my sharpest, coolest ensemble - possibly even my ivy-league outfit a GI got for me last year from his PX.

Young, good looking, crew cut, Ivy League, advertising exec type fruit holds the door back for me. I am evidently his idea of a character …

I wear ivy league jackets, white buckskin shoes// so many tickets down the scene honey....

nach oben springen

in Style 09.06.2014 13:43

nach oben springen

in Style 09.06.2014 13:54

Lloyd Johnson

6. Juni 2012.

The jacket I could never afford...It looks to be a 'SPORTIQUE' striped Madras from Old Compton Street...The guy wearing it use to buy his shirts from me at Cue Department in Austin Reed Regent Street in 66...he later became a customer at 'Cockell & Johnson' my place in Kensington Market...I'm struggling to remember his name I think it was Ray Williams...and I think he was in the music biz by the late 60s...anyone remember him?

Robert Orbach Lloyd...His name is Ray Williams he was also a customer of mine.
He was in record promotion. I believe he worked for Brian Epstein, for a while he was around Carnaby Street and Soho all the time in those early days.

Paul Gorman Ray Williams was important in lots of people's stories, not least Elton John's - hooked him up with Bernie Taupin and also worked with David Bowie. Great pic Lloyd.

Mohammed Abdullah John Alder I had a jacket very similar to Ray's which I probably bought from Robert, I don't remember precisely, however I gave to my mate Nick Wymer. I remember Ray, hello Ray, always full of energy and active in the music biz. Thanks for introducing me to Sonny & Cher.

Tony Foley I remember that jacket too Robert. The three colour combinations were awesome. discreet but loud. I couldn't afford it either. But I was lucky in another way... I worked as a trainee for an American firm of material makers (Cohn-Hall-Marx, a subsidiary of United Merchants & Manufactures). The bosses took a shine to me. Ergo. Ivy league clobber by the tonne..

Twink in Madras stripe Ivy jacket

1964 oder 65 würde ich schätzen...

nach oben springen

in Style 09.06.2014 14:06

Rod the Mod findet auf seine alten Tage wieder zum Style zurück!!!

Lloyd Johnson

24. März 2012.

ROD'S A MOD!..again......It was nice to see this in the paper this morning...Madras jacket....off white jeans..dessert boots/shoes...white shirt...good shades...nice outfit....

nach oben springen

in Style 09.06.2014 14:09

Outfit: 1, Haarschnitt: Wie hieß noch gleich die Vogelscheuche im Zauberer von Oz?

nach oben springen

in Style 09.06.2014 14:34

nach oben springen

in Style 11.06.2014 19:07
von Dani4ka • Forumsgott | 1.076 Beiträge

Kann Rod mir dann jetzt seine Tartan-Harrington schenken?

You know me - I'm acting dumb. You know the scene - very humdrum. Boredom.
nach oben springen

in Style 11.06.2014 22:16

Bild posten, aber Zack!

nach oben springen

in Style 03.07.2014 15:50

Noch etwas zu Mustern, v.a. über Karos:

http://www.tie-a-tie.net/blog/mens-fashi...check-patterns/

nach oben springen

in Style 03.07.2014 15:54

nach oben springen

in Style 03.07.2014 16:10

nach oben springen

Abmelden
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Jayson Sloane
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 598 Themen und 8907 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen