Dexter über 50 Jahre Mod (im Boulevard)

in The Scene 19.04.2014 01:39
von Justin Beaver • Forumsgott | 3.112 Beiträge

If attending a teenage party, or in fact one of any other kind, I’d naturally wear my sharpest, coolest ensemble - possibly even my ivy-league outfit a GI got for me last year from his PX.

Young, good looking, crew cut, Ivy League, advertising exec type fruit holds the door back for me. I am evidently his idea of a character …

I wear ivy league jackets, white buckskin shoes// so many tickets down the scene honey....

nach oben springen

RE: Dexter über 50 Jahre Mod (im Boulevard)

in The Scene 22.04.2014 00:33
von MODern Talking | 328 Beiträge
nach oben springen

RE: Dexter über 50 Jahre Mod (im Boulevard)

in The Scene 22.04.2015 14:04
von Justin Beaver • Forumsgott | 3.112 Beiträge

Noch mal ein Bump für diesen Thread.

Dexter:

Those seaside scraps really had very little to do with the true Modernists – baby boomers full of hope, facing a future without wars – or even the Mods. (And trust me, there’s a difference.)

So I told them it was 50 years of stuff and abhorrent nonsense.

You see, most Mods would have preferred to keep their treasured wardrobes intact, and definitely not have them stained with claret. And many a Ted or Rocker morphed into a Mod simply because the birds were paying more attention to the new shiny peacocks.

Well, why wouldn’t they? Mods came from my generation. But a lot of Rockers could have been our elder siblings or relations.

True, most of them thought of us as the new softies (or in some cases, little ponces, or poofs) so they were our adversaries, but usually in a benign way. I had uncles who, although they were Rocker ton-up boys, were always willing to help a silly soft Mod fix his Italian scooter. They called them girls’ hairdryers.

But of course, on both ‘sides’, there were plenty of young men with the old Anglo-Saxon warrior gene. Youth cultures evolve naturally. You pick a tribe or not. Your risk.

If attending a teenage party, or in fact one of any other kind, I’d naturally wear my sharpest, coolest ensemble - possibly even my ivy-league outfit a GI got for me last year from his PX.

Young, good looking, crew cut, Ivy League, advertising exec type fruit holds the door back for me. I am evidently his idea of a character …

I wear ivy league jackets, white buckskin shoes// so many tickets down the scene honey....
nach oben springen

Abmelden
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: HardySophia
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1234 Themen und 9543 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen