RIP John Michael Ingram

in The Scene 21.06.2014 10:56
von Justin Beaver • Forumsgott | 3.112 Beiträge

RIP...John Michael Ingram, one of the innovators of British men’s fashion in the late 1950s and 1960s and the founder of the Design Intelligence forecasting agency in the late 1970s, has died at the age of 83. He opened his first shop, John Michael, on the Kings Road, Chelsea in 1957 and he became a prime mover in the menswear revolution of the ‘swinging sixties’. He moved from retailing into forecasting in 1979. John Michael Ingram drew on his extensive experience in the womenswear industry to anticipate the explosion in the menswear market, establishing a highly influential chain of shops. His first shop on the Kings Road catered for men in their twenties who wanted to look 'individual, but not out of place'. Ingram aimed to design a complete, colour co-ordinated, yet casual look for his customers. He later went on to design clothes for TV personalities, including Patrick McGoohan of the cult science fiction series 'The Prisoner'.

20 June 2014...John Michael Ingram, one of the innovators of British men’s fashion in the late 1950s and 1960s and the founder of the Design Intelligence forecasting agency in the late 1970s, has died at the age of 83.

If attending a teenage party, or in fact one of any other kind, I’d naturally wear my sharpest, coolest ensemble - possibly even my ivy-league outfit a GI got for me last year from his PX.

Young, good looking, crew cut, Ivy League, advertising exec type fruit holds the door back for me. I am evidently his idea of a character …

I wear ivy league jackets, white buckskin shoes// so many tickets down the scene honey....

nach oben springen

Abmelden
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: SalomeHopkins
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1121 Themen und 9430 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen