ANAHEIM, Calif. [url=http://www.thetitansfansclub.com/Black-Friday-Josh-Kline-Jersey/]Jo sh Kline Jersey[/url] . -- There was a l

in The Scene 02.02.2018 07:14
von jokergreen0220 • Modernist | 497 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. Josh Kline Jersey . -- There was a lot of grumbling in the Los Angeles Angels clubhouse following Garrett Richards latest strong performance. Richards won his sixth decision in seven starts and had a career-high 11 strikeouts Sunday, leading the surging Angels to a 6-1 victory over the Houston Astros and completing a four-game sweep that extended Los Angeles home winning streak to 10 games. But when the pitchers and reserves for the AL All-Star team were announced after the game, Richards name wasnt among them. He could still get the final spot on the squad through fan voting on the Internet. "Its a little disappointing," Richards said. "Theres still a chance, and its an honour just to be considered. If it happens, it happens. But Im more concerned with the second half of the season, to be honest. Ill take a World Series over an All-Star game any day." Richards (10-2) allowed six hits over 7 1-3 innings, including an RBI single by Carlos Corporan in the seventh. The right-hander has a 1.45 ERA in his last seven outings and has allowed no more than four hits in six of them. "Its the same thing Ive been doing all year -- getting ahead of hitters with the fastball and breaking ball, putting guys away with two strikes, throwing quality strikes and just attacking guys," Richards said. "Im happy with the work Ive put in so far, but the seasons only halfway over. Ive had a pretty good first half. But more importantly, were playing good baseball as a team right now." Richards strikeout total was the highest by an Angels pitcher since June 18 last season, when Joe Blanton fanned 11 in a no-decision against Seattle at Anaheim. "I think the skys the limit for Garrett," pitching coach Mike Butcher said. "You look at the stuff, and hes got undeniable stuff -- a mid-90s fastball that cuts and sinks, a power slider that has great depth to it, good action and commands it in the zone very well. Hes got one of the better curveballs in the game and a changeup that is still developing -- but hes getting a feel for that, too." Albert Pujols drove in two runs with a bases-loaded single and Kole Calhoun homered, helping the Angels go 15 games over .500 for the first time since ending the 2012 season at 89-73. They swept a four-game set at home for the first time since July 2011 against Seattle and are 21-3 at the "Big A" since May 17 -- their best 24-game stretch at home in franchise history. "Were playing good ball," centre fielder Mike Trout said. "Were pitching well and our timely hittings been pretty good lately. Were having great at-bats and not trying to do too much." Joe Thatcher, obtained in a trade from Arizona on Saturday, threw one pitch in his Angels debut and gave up a one-out single in the eighth by Jason Castro. But Mike Morin finished the inning with a diving catch of Jon Singletons popup after first baseman C. J. Cron collided with catcher Hank Conger to the right of the mound, knocking the ball out of Congers mitt. "When it first went up into that tough sky, I just kept drifting and started creeping back a bit more than I should have," Conger said. "Then I kind of heard C.J. at the last minute. I felt like I fell into a brick wall. I dont like to give pitchers too much respect, fielding-wise, but I told Mike: Nice catch." Collin McHugh (4-8) gave up three runs -- two earned -- and four hits through four innings before leaving with a broken nail on his middle finger. The right-hander walked two and struck out four in his third start against the Angels this year, becoming the first pitcher in Astros history to get at least four strikeouts in each of his first 14 starts of a season. The Angels loaded the bases in the third when McHugh gave up singles by Conger and Calhoun, and hit Trout on the left biceps with a first-pitch fastball. Pujols stroked a two-run single to left field to open the scoring. Until that hit, the three-time NL MVP was 0 for 13 this season in bases-loaded situations. Trout then scored from second on a throwing error by second baseman Jose Altuve, who was trying to complete a double play on Josh Hamiltons grounder to shortstop Marwin Gonzalez. "We didnt play well. But at the same time, the Angels played real well," manager Bo Porter said. "We didnt help ourselves. When you look at the number of strikeouts and the way we played these last four games, they pretty much took it to us in every aspect of the game. "Right now were in a rut, and we have not played well. But nobody is going to feel sorry for you. Its up to the men in this clubhouse. These are the guys that we have and those are the guys were going to run out there. Its going to be up to us to rectify what it is we have going." Calhoun added his ninth homer in the seventh against David Martinez, who was pitching his third inning after getting recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City. The Angels tacked on two more runs in the eighth against Chad Qualls. NOTES: Trout, heading to his third straight All-Star game, said he will not participate in the All-Star Home Run Derby. ... Pujols two RBIs raised his career total to 1,555, tying Willie McCovey for 41st place all-time. ... Hamilton was 2 for 15 with no RBIs and eight strikeouts in the series, after going 29 for 89 with nine homers and 17 RBIs in his previous 25 games against the Astros since the start of last season. ... Altuve, who began the day leading Texas Adrian Beltre by three percentage points in the AL batting race, got his league-leading 122nd hit and needs two more in the Astros next six games to break Bob Watsons 1973 franchise record for hits before the All-Star break. ... Astros rookie RF George Springer struck out all four times up, increasing his AL-worst total to 105. ... Altuve stole his 25th consecutive base in the sixth inning, the longest streak by an Astro since 2004, when Carlos Beltran swiped 28 in a row. Jonnu Smith Jersey .com) - Roosevelt Jones had 19 points, seven rebounds and seven assists to lead No. Taywan Taylor Jersey . -- Jacksonvilles offensive makeover is just getting starting. http://www.thetitansfansclub.com/Black-Friday-Eddie-George-Jersey/ . -- Jesse Lussier scored 8:24 into overtime as the Halifax Mooseheads erased a four-goal deficit to beat the host Val-dOr Foreurs 6-5 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- While the Los Angeles Angels buzzed around their clubhouse preparing for their fantasy football draft, the Oakland Athletics had their own doors locked for a grim team meeting. Californias AL West powers are headed into September in very different moods after the Angels seized control of the division race in one remarkable weekend. Mike Trout hit his career-high 31st homer and drove in three runs, Matt Shoemaker pitched seven shutout innings of five-hit ball, and the Angels completed a masterful four-game sweep of the As with an 8-1 victory Sunday. "That was a huge series for us in regards the playoffs and the AL West, a huge series," said Shoemaker (14-4), who got his sixth win in August. "I just wanted to keep it going." Chris Iannetta also homered and had three hits for the Angels, who took a five-game lead in the division standings with the best record in the majors at 83-53. Outpitching the As vaunted staff and outhitting Oaklands usually productive lineup, Los Angeles outscored the As 18-4 in the four-game set. "Were having fun and were winning ballgames, but its still August," Trout said before grabbing his Philadelphia Eagles helmet out of his locker and threatening to wear it to the draft. "Cant get too excited yet." Still, its tough for the Angels not to get a little bit stoked by their surge, which includes a six-game winning streak. They shut out the As for the 29 consecutive innings during the series, and their sellout crowd loudly chanted "Sweep! Sweep!" as the Angels finished it off. Trout had a two-run single during a six-run second inning for Los Angeles, which has won 15 of 19. The As have lost 14 of 20. "It was embarrassing. Pathetic," said As manager Bob Melvin, who was ejected in the second inning. "We dont play like that. The last three games here were the worst Ive seen this team play in I cant remember how long. I feel bad for our fans to have to watch that." Scott Kazmir (14-7) got just four outs for the As, and he criticized home plate umpire Gerry Davis afterward. Kazmir also claimed Davis had been reprimanded by baseball officials for making a "cry-baby face" at the Oakland dugout Saturday. Major League Baseball said it had no comment on Kazmirs assertion. "Its important to rise above any personal issue and call a fair game," Kazmir said. Ryan Succop Jersey. "We owe it to the game to do that. We really do. And what I saw from the video, I saw 10-plus pitches that I thought were right there. I dont know if it has something to do with last night and how he got reprimanded or anything like that, but the professionalism is something that I have an issue with. "No matter what happens on the field, some things are just unacceptable. When you constantly pitch inside and hit your spot every single time and have nothing to show for it, its frustrating," he said. Oakland, which led the AL West for nearly four straight months this season, now faces its biggest division deficit since May 25, 2013. "I definitely think something needed to be said," Josh Donaldson said of the As closed-door meeting. "This is the time of the season where you need to start playing your best. And right now, were playing our worst." Gordon Beckham and Kole Calhoun drew bases-loaded walks in the second from Kazmir, who matched his shortest start of the season. After Kazmir issued three straight walks and got the hook, Melvin was tossed for arguing with Davis. After eight Angels relievers pitched a three-hit shutout Saturday night, Shoemaker (14-4) provided the bullpen with plenty of rest. The rookie right-hander capped a tremendous month by striking out seven and extending his personal scoreless innings streak to 23 1-3 innings while allowing no Oakland runners to reach third base. TRAINERS ROOM Athletics: CF Coco Crisp sat out again after his wall collision Friday. Angels: INF Grant Green came off the disabled list after missing 37 games with a lumbar strain. UP NEXT Athletics: Jason Hammel (1-5, 5.77) opens a series with Seattle at the Coliseum on Monday night. Dunn should be available. Angels: After Labor Day off, Hector Santiago (4-7, 3.28) pitches in Houston to open a 10-game trip. TRADING UP?: Oakland got slugger Adam Dunn from the Chicago White Sox in a trade Sunday to help their slumping offence. He cant arrive soon enough: The As 29 straight innings without scoring a run was the third-longest streak in Oakland history. Oakland scored its first run since Thursday on Josh Reddicks RBI single off Mike Morin in the eighth. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Abmelden
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: HardySophia
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1234 Themen und 9543 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen